The Bottom Line
- Light, fast-paced football board game.
- Well-designed, sturdy plastic playing pieces.
- Huge game board adds to "big game" feeling.
- Relies on dice rolls, so luck plays a big part.
- For 2 players, ages 8 and up.
- Published by Milton Bradley / Hasbro.
- Each game takes 15 to 45 minutes.
- Includes a three-piece interlocking board, 11 players per team, 13 dice, and more.
- Advanced rules add passing to the basic game, which focuses on running.
Guide Review - BattleBall (aka Battle Ball)
Every time a tackle is attempted, at least one of the players involved is going to leave the field and be replaced with a "carnage" token. Some injuries are temporary; others last until the game ends. The running backs are very fast, but also poor tacklers. The tackles (particularly the double-sized heavy tackles) are slow, but they tackle exceptionally well.
A great game for children who like football, BattleBall is also likely to be a favorite on college campuses -- and a game I'll be playing for many football seasons to come.