The 2006 Game Design Competition, which this site is again co-sponsoring with GameTable Online, has the theme of Dice Games. The complete rules can be found at GTO's web site, but here are the basics:
- Games must be designed for play on an easy-to-replicate game board, using checkers, Go stones, Chess pieces, Poker chips, dice, a standard deck of cards, or other items likely to be found in the average gamer's collection.
- Games must be designed for two players.
- Games must include dice as a central element. Acceptable dice are limited to: 4-sided, 6-sided, 8-sided, 10-sided, 12-sided and 20-sided.
- Prizes will be awarded to the top games, as chosen by a panel of judges. Among the prizes, the winning game will be put into the GTO development queue and the runner-up will receive a free six-month subscription to GameTable Online.
- All designers who submit a valid entry will receive a free three-month subscription to GameTable Online.
- The deadline for entries is March 31, 2006.